This post may contain *affiliate links.
**Ad-Affiliate – This post contains affiliate links**
No matter how busy we may be, having hobbies is important. Hobbies allow us to take our minds away from the stress of everyday life and focus on an activity that we enjoy. Hobbies can help to reduce stress and anxiety, improve mental health and help you relax and feel a sense of calm.
If you’re a creative person, why not check out my recent post: 20 creative hobbies to help boost your mental health.
The thing is though, a lot of hobbies take up large amounts of our time. If you’re a busy person then you probably don’t have hours on end to dedicate to a hobby. Whether you’re a parent or a high flying business person, your time is precious. Finding a hobby that you enjoy and that’s also time friendly is really important and that’s where this post will help. I’ve put together a list of hobbies that you can try that don’t take up hours of your day. These are hobbies that you can dip in and out of and spend as little or as much time on as you want.
Why should I make time for hobbies?
- Help you keep a sense of identity
- Gives you the ability to express creativity
- Helps you to unwind
- Can reduce stress and anxiety
- Gives you something to focus on away from everyday life
What to consider when choosing a new hobby?
- Do I want to spend any money? If so what is the budget?
- How much time do I actually have? ‘busy’ is different for everyone, some people may have a few hours to spare whereas others may only have 10 minutes to spare.
- Is there something I’m already interested in that I could develop on?
- What do I enjoy doing?
Here are 25 hobbies that you could try
- Exercise for free using YouTube – I highly recommend Lucy Wyndham-Read’s 7-minute workout videos.
Brain engaging hobbies
- Jigsaw puzzles – I love the **Thomas Kinkade Disney puzzles**, they’re stunning!
- Journaling – Why not read my post on where to find FREE images for your art journal.
- Knitting – Click here for what you need to buy to get started with knitting.
- Cooking – you need to eat a meal every day so why not try some new recipes and learn more dishes!
- Listen to podcasts/audiobooks
Let me know in the comments what your favourite hobby is and whether you’re going to try any new ones!