4 ways to find inspiration for blog posts

This post may contain *affiliate links.

Coming up with fresh blog post ideas can be hard. Trying to fit with your niche, provide value for your readers and write about something you find interesting can be a challenge. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of writing a half-hearted blog post because you have a schedule to stick to. We’ve all been there. When I look back at some of my old posts I just cringe and wonder why I ever posted them. This year my main focus for CharlotteShares is to create high-quality content that provides value to others. Today I am going to share my favourite ways to get inspiration for new blog posts.

Use Pinterest to see what’s popular

If you click on the search tab at the top of Pinterest you can see the ‘Popular on Pinterest’ section. This is really helpful for coming up with blog post ideas that are currently trending. For example, you can see below that Easter Crafts for Kids is popular. As I have a strong interest in crafts I may choose for my next blog post to be themed around Easter crafts. This is a great way to increase traffic to your blog as you’re covering topics that are currently popular.

Use Pinterest’s search feature

Another good way to use Pinterest is to use the search feature to see what others are pinning in your niche. If your blog is about self-care then type this into the search bar and see what posts are popular. I’m not saying to just copy others blog posts because that’s not cool. But using the search feature is a good way to come up with lots of ideas within your niche.

Search Twitter hashtags

Twitter can also be a good way to see what others are blogging about in your niche. If you run a lifestyle blog then you can search #lifestylebloggers and see what’s popular. Again, it’s not about stealing other people’s ideas, but it’s a way to get inspiration for your own posts.

Read blog posts by other creators

One of the best ways to get your creative juices flowing and get some ideas is by reading other blog posts. It’s so easy to spend time working on your own blog and promoting it, but you need to remember to engage with other creators. Not only is it nice to support other people in the community, but it’s also a good way to find inspiration for your own blog.

How do you find inspiration for blog posts? Let me know in the comments below.

You may also like

• Emily M

Really helpful post! I usually theme my posts by season so I’ll brainstorm all the ideas I can come up with in my blog notebook and do some quick google searches such as “spring blogpost ideas” to find more inspiration 💛

Emily M x

February 29, 2020 at 1:37 PM Reply

I love the idea of theming your blog posts by season … thats a great way to come up with relevant content 🙂

March 1, 2020 at 10:53 AM Reply
  • Hayley

Great tips! – I use all of these as well haha – Another thing I will do is search topics or general creators on youtube, just to get an idea of a topic – as you mentioned don’t copy but find something you can put your own spin on. I was in a rut recently and couldn’t think of any post ideas, I have topic ideas but couldn’t actually put together the whole post – anyway not long later I managed to plan out 4 in one go? weird how that happens

Hayley || hayleyxmartin

March 1, 2020 at 9:52 AM Reply

Ah YouTube is a good idea, I hadn’t thought of that! It’s funny how you can go from zero ideas to 4 really quickly!

March 1, 2020 at 10:54 AM Reply
  • Madi Dearson

I literally just go asked by someone this morning what I do when I run out of blog posts ideas. And I answered much the same way. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration. When I hit a writer’s block I just research- go online and search for keywords in mu niches, then I read A LOT. Usually, it’s enough to nudge me out of my “block”. Great tips! thanks for sharing it.

March 1, 2020 at 9:57 AM Reply

Yes, I completely agree, Pinterest is definitely one of the best ways to get out of a writer’s block! 🙂

March 1, 2020 at 10:49 AM Reply
  • Shana Seigler

The funny thing is I use Pinterest to find popular hashtags but I ought to take it a little further and get some ideas as well. Thanks for the information.

March 1, 2020 at 10:50 AM Reply
  • Bexa

This is such a helpful post, Charlotte! I never thought of Pinterest for blog post ideas, but that is such a brilliant suggestion. I haven’t been on it for a while, but that’s a good reason to find my account again. I’ve been making a plan for the next month or so and am excited to do Easter themed posts too – I am thinking Easter baking would be a fun idea. Thank you for sharing, really inspirational post and also, absolutely love your blog theme and banner, it’s fab! <3 xx

March 2, 2020 at 3:39 PM Reply

Thank you, I’m glad you found the post helpful. Easter baking is definitely a great idea for blog posts!
      That’s so kind of you, I’ve been trying to perfect my blog theme and banner for ages haha 🙂 x

March 5, 2020 at 1:45 PM Reply
  • Lara

Never thought on this! Really greatfull !!

May 26, 2020 at 3:50 PM Reply