I kind of vanished off the face of earth this last 6 weeks and to be honest, I’m not even sorry. So many bloggers write an opening line to a blog post and apologise for the fact they’ve been absent. Well, I’m not sorry because I’m human and I needed a break. We live in a world where we always feel the need to apologise and feel like we’re failing if we don’t show up every week. I don’t think I’ve failed. I think I’ve taken some time away for myself to have a much-needed think about what I want to do next. Various things have been going on behind the scenes which I’m very excited about and I’m excited to start making some changes.
To cut a long story short I’m changing my hours at work. My work has agreed a 3 month trial of me working 5 days worth of hours over 4 days. I currently work Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the hours that I work but I really wanted to be able to have a day off in the week to solely focus on my blog, myself and creating a life that I want to have. Unfortunately, I’m not in a financial situation where I can go part-time. This is the next best thing to give me the day off that I want. Starting this week I’m going to be dropping a Thursday and working Monday-Wednesday 7.30am-5.30pm and Fridays 7.30am-5.00pm. The long days will take a bit of getting used to, but I’m used to getting up really early anyway so I’m hoping it won’t be too much of a shock!
I really want to use Thursday’s productively to focus on myself and my future. My dream is to one day open my own business and I want to use my day off to focus on that. I’m a very crafty person and I just want to enjoy myself and experiment with lots of different things to see what I want to focus on.
– I’m teaching myself to sew and I’d love to spend more time doing this
– I have a degree in Graphic design and want to create some cool motivational prints
– I enjoy card making and want to get stuck into that some more
– I’m thinking of starting a YouTube Channel to document what I get up to on my day off. (Sort of like a studio vlog type of thing)
– Get back into writing weekly blog posts as I’ve really missed it
– I also plan to vlog my Disney World trip in May and will most likely use Thursday’s to edit these videos.
I’m excited for this next chapter in my life and really hope that everything works out and my work will let me continue on past the 3-month trial!