INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST

Where I’ve been + My 2019 goals

December 30, 2018

My goals for 2019

Hello!

It’s been a while since I last sat down and wrote a blog post. In fact, my last blog post was posted on November 4th and then I literally vanished for a while. I planned on taking a break for a couple of weeks but it ended up being much longer.

If you’re wondering where I’ve been, the reason for my absence is that I got a kitten. I say Kitten; he was 4 and a half months when we got him and he’s now nearly 6 months. Pudsey has been very challenging, to say the least! Sleep became non-existent with a lovely 4am wake-up call each morning from a very distressed and upset kitty. Now, after about 6 weeks he’s finally started to settle and actually lets us sleep until 7am! He’s absolutely gorgeous and I wouldn’t change him for the world… But he made me very sleep deprived so the reality is I neglected my blog.

Pudsey the cat

Anyway enough about Pudsey (As cute as he is) … I hope you’ve all had a wonderful Christmas break and are all feeling refreshed and ready to tackle 2019!

I thought I would share my 2019 goals with you all in today’s post. You can see my goals for 2018 here. I actually succeeded in all of them apart from opening an Etsy shop.

2019 Goals

Get fit

Usually, I stay well away from any goals to do with fitness because I’m rubbish at it. But the reality is that I’ve put on about 2 stone in weight since being in a ‘comfortable’ relationship and I’ve reached the point that I’m repulsed by my own body. I’ve never particularly suffered from body confidence issues but this last year I’ve felt pretty rubbish about myself. I’m off to Florida in May for my birthday so to make it a little more fun I’m calling it #FitForFlorida. I’ve ordered the Jessica Smith Walk the Weight Off 30-day plan DVD as I love her YouTube channel. I’ll keep you updated with my progress.

Open an Etsy shop

As I mentioned above, this is the one goal that I didn’t manage to achieve last year so I’m even more determined to make it happen this year. I love anything creative and would love to open an online shop that sells greeting cards, printed quotes and planner stickers. I’ve been working on my shop branding over the last few weeks and I’m excited to share it with you all soon.

Read more books

Over the last few weeks, I’ve really got back into reading again. I go through phases of reading and then life gets busy and I just stop for months and months. I enjoy reading so much, I find it a brilliant way to switch off and take some time out for myself. 2019 is definitely going to be the year I read more. If anyone has any book recommendations then please let me know. My favourite genre is psychological thrillers.

What are your goals for 2019?

**Post contains affiliate links**

12 responses to “Where I’ve been + My 2019 goals”

1. Gemma says:

Ohh my Pudsey is such an adorable name! He definitely looks like a Pudsey, I love his colour. Your goals here all sound lovely! I like how you haven’t chosen too many. It gives you enough time to focus on these strong ones and achieve them! All the best for 2019, I’m sure you can achieve these all and many more!

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

• Charlotte Shares says:

I know right, it’s super cute <3 I find if I set too many goals then I'll never achieve them so I try and keep it smaller and to the point 🙂 xx

2. Hayley says:

Ohhhhh Pudsey is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! So sad that he was really distressed at first, must have been really difficult for you. Love these goals, good luck! X

3. Jess says:

Pudsey is so cute and I feel your pain about putting on weight when you’re in a comfortable relationship but Florida is the perfect motivation to get fit!! Good luck with your goals, Jenny Blackhurst is a great thriller author!

• Charlotte Shares says:

I’m determined to actually get fit … I went to Florida last year and said I was going to get fit for it but failed miserably haha. Thank you, l’ll definitely check out Jenny Blackhurst x

4. Madi Dearson says:

Ah – sounds like your Pudsey gave you the newborn experience – the one that turns you into a walking zombie for weeks due to lack of sleep. Glad you are back to blogging.
    Love your goals – with you on the getting fit part – Working online sitting down with a laptop is taking a toll. Hope you get to read tons of books – for me, it’s the best escape when I need to recharge. Have an amazing 2019.

• Charlotte says:

Yep I was definitely like a walking zombie! Reading books is definitely a great way to recharge and I can’t wait to get stuck into some new books. All the best for 2019 xx

5. Bexa says:

Awww, Pudsey is so adorable and I always love seeing him pop up on my Instagram! I’m glad he has settled in and is letting you get some sleep now, he he. Good luck with all your goals Charlotte, an Etsy shop sounds so exciting and going to Florida is the perfect fitness motivation. Thanks for sharing and hope you have an awesome 2019! <3 xx

6. Soph says:

Oh my goodness what a cute little thing, and such a cute name too! I’m very excited to see you open your own Etsy shop- I’ll definitely be a customer!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

7. Karen says:

Pudsey is adorable! Best wishes for 2019 xx

8. Brooke says:

I definitely need to read more books this year I’m with you on this goal! I also want to post more regularly on my blog.
    Brooke x