INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST

My experience with Hypnotherapy to help with anxiety

April 6, 2018

My experience with hypnotherapy

I’ve never really spoken about this on my blog before but anxiety is something I’ve suffered with for years now. I get easily anxious and stressed and recently it’s been particularly bad. The guy I sit next to at work is a trained hypnotherapist and we had been speaking about the idea of me having a session to see if it helped. For ages I put it off as I was scared, I guess it’s a fear of the unknown! Eventually, I decided that enough was enough and I would book in for a session…. and I’m so glad I did!

What is hypnotherapy?

The best way that I can describe hypnotherapy (and I’m no expert!) is that it’s a way of making suggestions that your subconscious mind can act upon. You’re in a state of relaxation but you’re still 100% in control of what you’re doing. One thing to note if you’re considering hypnosis is that it’s not a magic cure and will really only work if you believe it will and you want it to work.

I want to give a brief breakdown of how the session went so if anyone is considering hypnosis they have some idea of what to expect. I’m sure all sessions differ, but this is the mains points from my session.

The session went a little something like this:

My thoughts on hypnotherapy:

I was really scared at first but I’m so glad I took the plunge and did it. I’m not saying that I’m 100% cured of anxiety because I’m not but I can definitely feel a difference in myself. The silly little things that I used to worry about don’t cause me anywhere near as much worry anymore. I feel genuinely more positive and it also feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I still get anxious from time to time but during the session, I was also taught ways to help deal with these anxieties and it’s such helpful tools to have. If you’re considering hypnotherapy I 100% recommend giving it a go. The worst that can happen is that it won’t work, but if it does work you’ll wish you had done it sooner.

The hypnotherapist that my session was with:

Obviously, this is only helpful if you live in the same area as me. I’m based in Exeter, Devon and I saw Stuart Heale. He’s very professional and has a very calming manner which made the session relaxed and enjoyable. His website is here. You can also check out the testimonial page here and read about some of the success stories! The session lasted for an hour and I’m thinking of booking another session in. Now I know what to expect, I won’t feel so anxious so think I could really benefit from a second session.

I hope you enjoyed this post, it’s very different to my usual content but I wanted to share my experience with you. If you have any questions please leave them below (or email me if you’d rather).

11 responses to “My experience with Hypnotherapy to help with anxiety”

1. Kelly says:

Fab blog post. I’d love to try something like this

2. Nancy says:

I’m glad you got to experience hypnotherapy to help with your anxiety. It’s great that you took the jump to go with it because it helped a bit. Hope you’ll continue to climb up in your journey. Thanks for sharing your experience!

exquisitely.me

3. Eena says:

I’ve only ever read about hypnotherapy in my mental health nursing books and never really about someone’s experience on it. I suffer from occasional bouts of anxiety so it’s great to know that this is an option to consider. Thank you for sharing!

cabin twenty-four

4. katie parker says:

your blog is so cute !! keep up the good work:)

5. Zoë says:

I have severe anxiety, and I feel like something like this would cause even more anxiety! My mum has however done this before, and she said it was really interesting! xx

6. Melanie says:

This was such an interesting read. I suffer with severe anxiety and haven’t considered hypnotherapy as an option before. It’s great that you feel you have better tools to aid with your anxiety I hope if you decide to opt for a second session it helps you even more.

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com

7. Steph says:

Love this post! Really interesting to read.

8. Interesting post – something i have thought about doing x

9. It’s great that you found it helpful. I have to admit I think I’d be petrified of it. I found it interesting that you still felt in control. I always assumed you wouldn’t be aware. This was really interesting x

Sophie

10. Leann Kelly says:

Anxiety can be so debilitating & has plagued me for some time too. I’m glad that you found hypnotherapy useful & sounds like the techniques are helpful to manage anxiety. Hope it continues to help you.

11. Cindy Kolbe says:

Anxiety can be so debilitating. It’s interesting that hypnotherapy was helpful. I hope the positive effects are lasting!