3 ways to grow your audience as a blogger

I started my blog in May 2017 and since then I’ve seen my audience grow and I get more interaction that I used to. I’m by no means a ‘big blogger’, in fact, I’m nowhere near that! When I started Charlotte Shares I’d be lucky if I got 1 page view a day, forward on 9 months and I usually hit close to 1000 page views each month. For some people, this is probably really rubbish, but for me, it’s a massive achievement!

Of course, blogging shouldn’t be all about the stats and page views. With that being said, I feel much happier about my blog when I can see people are reading my content and interacting with me. There’s no worse feeling than when you work really hard on a post and nobody reads it!

Over the last 9 months, I have found certain things have really helped with my interaction and engagement and thought I would share this with you today!

Using social media to increase blogging audience

J O I N  I N  W I T H  T W I T T E R  C H A T S  A N D  C O M M E N T  T H R E A D S

This is where most of my traffic comes from. There are so many great accounts out there that host Twitter chats and comment threads each week. It’s a great way to discover new blogs, speak to new people and build new relationships. If you take the time to read and comment other peoples posts, they’ll often come and visit your site and leave you a lovely comment as well. Some of my favourite Twitter accounts for chats are Bloggers Tribe, TeaCupClub and GRLPOWR. I can’t even stress enough how joining in with these chats will help improve your engagement.

P R O M O T E  Y O U R S E L F  A N D   U S E  H A S H T A G S

Promoting ourselves?! This is always the scary one right? I remember when I first started my blog and I was terrified to promote my content as I didn’t want to be seen as being bigheaded. I don’t know why I thought like this because I never think anyone else is big headed for promoting their content. The main thing is getting the balance right, as well as promotional tweets, your followers also want to see your personality so tweet ‘normal things’ as well! I usually post around 3 promotional tweets a day and I use hashtags so that they reach a bigger audience. My favourite hashtags are #BloggersTribe #TeaCupClub #TheGirlGang #GRLPOWR and #DisneyBloggers. I personally use these hashtags to find other peoples posts as well to read.

C R E A T E  P I N N A B L E  I M A G E S  F O R  Y O U R  P O S T S

At the bottom of each post, I create an image that can be pinned to Pinterest. On my personal Pinterest account, I have a Charlotte Shares board where I pin all of my blog posts. I’ve also joined a few group Pinterest boards where I pin my content and share other peoples content who also pin to the group board. This is by no means where most of my traffic comes from as the majority of it comes from my Twitter. I do however find that I still get views to my blog each day that come from Pinterest. The easiest way to create Pinterest images is to use Canva. This website is honestly brilliant for creating graphics for your blog.

I hope this is useful to some of you, if you have other tips for growing your audience then please leave them below!

Tips to grow your audience as a blogger

1. February 27, 2018 / 2:28 PM

Great tips thank for sharing. I always want to get involved with twitter chats, but I shy away as I think I’m gatecrashing or something. silly I know lol… maybe I’ll check out one of the ones you’ve suggested and hopefully see you there!. Again thanks for sharing : )
    Heather xx

2. February 28, 2018 / 8:30 AM

Thank you, helpful advise for a new blogger like myself! x

3. March 1, 2018 / 1:09 AM

I cannot say enough good things about Twitter — I have found such a great community on Twitter and it has really helped my confidence as a blogger and helped me understand that it can be tough.

Lovely (and super helpful!) tips! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

4. March 1, 2018 / 5:45 PM

Great tips lovely x

5. March 4, 2018 / 2:50 PM

Some great tips, I have found that getting involved in a lot of the follow trains on twitter seem to help me meet lots of other bloggers – actually how I have just found yours 🙂
    I am going to try and make a few blogger chats, but they always seem to be at times when I have things on!
    x

6. March 5, 2018 / 8:27 PM

Love this post, I’m definitely going to take these tips on board, I love taking part in comment threads and I definitely need to start using the Pinterest images they look amazing! X

7. March 5, 2018 / 8:29 PM

These are really good helpful tips! I absolutely love joining in with Twitter comment threads I think it’s so important to support other bloggers and I often spend some of my free time reading and commenting on people’s blogs even when they aren’t from a comment thread just to show them support! One thing I haven’t used to promote my blog yet is Pinterest so this is really useful to know. Thanks for such a great post!

Jess xx
    foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com

8. March 5, 2018 / 8:44 PM

This is a great post! I totally agree about Twitter chats and threads, they are so good for engaging with bloggers and finding new blogs! I need to put a lot more effort in with Pinterest and find some group boards!

9. March 5, 2018 / 9:24 PM

These are such great tips! I agree so much with the one about promoting yourself and using hashtags! It’s amazing how much they help!

10. March 5, 2018 / 9:25 PM

I always love these types of posts about growing your audience as I am relatively new blogger. I completely agree with you about joining in on the twitter chats/threads, they’re so helpful! Definitely will try get into pinterest later as well. Thanks for the lovely tips 🙂

11. March 5, 2018 / 11:00 PM

Love this post, its simple and straight forward. I agree, my biggest traffic comes from both twitter and pinterest. I’ve given up on driving traffic from my instagram but do enjoy it with regards to branding. I also use canva and I’m torn with going premium or staying with the free version, help.

12. June 22, 2018 / 1:17 PM

These are great tips! I’m new to the Pinterest game but I’m slowly trying to get more active. Thanks for sharing!