My bullet journal – January 2018 – Let’s get organised

Hello 2018!

It’s that time of year again where we get ourselves organised and plan everything out for the year ahead. I love this moment where I have a blank canvas ahead of me that I can do what I like with. Towards the end of last year, I discovered bullet journaling and I’m so excited to properly get into this for 2018.

The bullet journal I own is the Leuchtturm 1917 with the dotted paper. I didn’t really have any idea what bullet journal was best, but this is the one most people seem to buy. I’m really pleased with it, it’s a good size and the dotted paper makes designing much easier.

I love being really nosey and looking at other people’s bullet journal and seeing how they’re organising it. My favourite place the browse is on Pinterest. Today I thought I would share with you my layout for January 2018.

A monthly overview - January bullet journal

A monthly overview

A monthly overview is something I personally find really useful. I’ve done this as a double page spread so that I have ample room to write. It’s useful to have this to quickly flick through if you need to check a plan/ birthday etc. I’ve also added a ‘Goals’ section and a ‘To do’ section to this page. This is somewhere I can write down any major things that I can easily refer back to.

A weekly overview

As much as I love having a monthly overview, I decided to break this down further into a weekly overview. I looked at lots of inspiration on Pinterest and wanted to find a layout that best suited my needs. This is the best thing about a bullet journal; you can make it your own. After a long debate, I decided the most useful things for me to include in my weekly spread were:

• The day and date that I can write next to
  • My work shift (as this changes every week)
  • Notes – To jot down anything and everything
  • To do list
  • Blog notes – I know this will be my most used section!
  • Meal planning
  • Shopping

My bullet journal weekly layout

I’m sure as I go through the weeks this will change, but that’s why I really love using a bullet journal to organise myself as I can change it at any point.

How are you organising yourselves for the year ahead?

**Post contains affiliate links**

1. Heather
    January 5, 2018 / 11:49 AM

I bought myself a bullet journal and since it’s just been sitting there, I really need to get organised and start planning with it, yours looks so beautiful!

Heather xox || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

January 5, 2018 / 8:31 PM

Thank you, it took me a while to get going with it! mine just sat there as well for ages haha

2. January 5, 2018 / 3:37 PM

The more I see these the more I love the idea – trouble is I have never been creative physically, for example, drawing.. I am more of a digital creative. I have notebooks but its purely for lists and brainstorming.

For me this is a get stuff done type of year, I am trying to not put things off, instead holding myself accountable. I make lots of lists in my notebooks to stay organised.

Hayley | hayleyxmartin

January 5, 2018 / 8:32 PM

I love writing lists which is the main reason I bought a bullet journal. You don’t really need to be overly creative – Washi tape does the trick 😀

3. January 5, 2018 / 7:55 PM

Wow what a stunning bullet journal you have created

January 5, 2018 / 8:32 PM

4. January 5, 2018 / 8:23 PM

Your bullet journal looks so lovely and organised! I’ve attempted one a few times now and i’ve ended up giving up as i’m not that creative x

January 5, 2018 / 8:33 PM

Thank you! I’ve had times where I’ve wanted to give up too. I’d recommend Pinterest for ideas 🙂

5. January 5, 2018 / 8:26 PM

Looks like great organisation! I have a bullet journal too but I mostly use it for habit trackers of every kind and to just doodle in, also planning on doing a blog post on it soon! 🙂

Sarah
    sarahaurorax.wordpress.com

January 5, 2018 / 8:33 PM

Let me know once you’ve done a blog post on it, I love reading them! 🙂

6. January 5, 2018 / 8:30 PM

I love journaling, I love looking at other people’s journals, and I love the feeling I get whenever I do either one of those. It’s just so cool, having a little window into someone else’s mind. Have you liked bullet journaling so far? Is that the only planning tool you use? I personally love it as a brain dump/diary/whatever but if I am juggling too much at once (say work, school, and my hobbies) it becomes too messy for me, so I use my Bullet Journal and Passion Planner simultaneously.

January 5, 2018 / 8:37 PM

I love looking at other peoples journals too! I like to see how other people use them and take inspiration from it.

I do have a small diary that I carry around in my bag all the time, and I have a notebook that I use as a ‘brain dump’ alongside my bullet journal 🙂

7. January 5, 2018 / 8:31 PM

I love this Charlotte! 💖 Very creative! The washi tape on your overview page is super cute! I am doing something similar by tracking my fitness in a journal. It’s definitely more motivating to workout if you record it in a pretty planner 😘 xx

January 5, 2018 / 8:34 PM

Thank you! I love washi tape haha 😀 A fitness journal is such a good idea!

8. January 5, 2018 / 8:32 PM

Love your bullet journal! It looks so nice. I have been toying over the idea of doing one for so long but I’ve never commited. Think I may have to start for sure!
    Be great for tracking blog stuff.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

January 7, 2018 / 4:58 PM

It’s so helpful for tracking blog stuff and just for quickly jotting ideas down! X

9. January 5, 2018 / 8:37 PM

I wish I had time to bullet journal – they always look so pretty! I love your layouts!

January 5, 2018 / 8:41 PM

Thank you! yeah it is rather time-consuming!

January 5, 2018 / 8:42 PM

Thank you! Washi tape is my favourite tool, it makes the pages look so pretty 🙂

10. Lisa Dimaline
    January 5, 2018 / 8:44 PM

The more I’m seeing posts about bullet journaling the more I’m liking the idea like you I would do double page for month this post has given me a lot of ideas so thank you for sharing 😊

Lisa

January 5, 2018 / 8:46 PM

I’m glad you found it helpful and it’s given you some ideas 🙂

11. January 5, 2018 / 8:48 PM

I envy how organised you are, I feel like I should be adding this to my New Years resolution list!

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

January 7, 2018 / 4:59 PM

I’m literally an organise freak! But trying to regularly use a bullet journal is actually so time consuming 😩

12. January 5, 2018 / 8:50 PM

I love the idea of a bullet journal but I see so many with intricate and complicated spreads that I get put off! I love that yours is functional and easier to use. I love it! 🙂
    Ellie | elliekblog.blogspot.co.uk xx

January 5, 2018 / 9:12 PM

Some of the spreads are so complicated it’s ridiculous! I’m trying to make mine as simple as possible 😊

13. January 5, 2018 / 8:57 PM

I have my bullet journal but still need to start mine, I may do that tomorrow after work! I like what you have done with yours, it’s lovely! xo

Tracey Faye // thattraceyfayegirl.com //

January 5, 2018 / 9:11 PM

Thank you! Getting started is always the worst bit!

14. January 5, 2018 / 9:07 PM

I hold my hands up and say until a few months ago I had no idea what a bullet journal was ! Yours looks fabulous and the layout looks perfect to keep you organised 😃 not sure I’m personally creative enough to design one may give it a go in the future though as they look amazing.

Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.wordpress.com

January 5, 2018 / 9:10 PM

I didn’t know what they were either until a few months ago 🙈😂 but now I love them!

15. January 5, 2018 / 9:10 PM

This looks like a fab journal. I’ve been on the hunt for a good one & I think I’ll look into a bullet journal.

January 7, 2018 / 4:59 PM

They’re great as you can do what you want with them 👍

16. January 5, 2018 / 9:37 PM

your bullet journal looks amazing! I don’t have one as of now but I am looking to do one in the future! I just need to figure out my organization first, lovely post! x Brynn

January 7, 2018 / 5:00 PM

I’d recommend looking if Pinterest for ideas … that’s what I did before I started mine 😊

17. January 5, 2018 / 9:41 PM

Your journal looks gorgeous! I keep saying I’ll buy one but I never seem to get round to it haha maybe in a few months when things calm down at uni x

jademarie.co.uk

January 7, 2018 / 5:00 PM

I’d definitely recommend one! You could even use it to organise things for uni 😊

18. January 5, 2018 / 9:55 PM

I love the idea of Bullet Journals, but just feel like I’d forget to take it with me somewhere or forgt to update it…maybe I should just give it a try and see! Thanks for the inspiration!

January 7, 2018 / 5:01 PM

Remembering to carry it around is what I’m terrible at! Haha x

19. January 5, 2018 / 10:05 PM

Love your Bujo layout. I tried a Bullet Journal but as a diary this didn’t work with my needs and my need for neatness. But I have been using for tracking. I then use a Blog Planner and a personal Planner. I will be doing a post on this soon xx

Stacey | SimplyStacey.co.uk

January 7, 2018 / 5:01 PM

Using it for tracking is a really good idea! X

20. January 5, 2018 / 11:02 PM

Your journal looks great! I hope I can get into bullet journaling this year!

January 7, 2018 / 5:02 PM

21. January 5, 2018 / 11:15 PM

Your journal looks great! I’ve never used a bullet journal before! It could definitely come in handy this year as Lady Bluebottle gets up and running!

January 7, 2018 / 5:02 PM

I’ve only recently started but I love it! 😊

22. Hannah
    January 6, 2018 / 3:49 AM

I could not do a bullet journal since I don’t have the patience for it to make it look nice. I found the perfect planner though, it’s almost like a bullet journal because you can add in the date and month but the layout is already set up for you. I prefer that much more!

Hannah the Mad Dog

January 7, 2018 / 5:03 PM

I’m glad you found the perfect planner! Bullet journals aren’t for everyone 😊

23. January 6, 2018 / 11:40 AM

Yes to the bullet journal!! It’s looking great, I’ve made a slow start to mine as I’m not happy with it but I’m going to buy some nicer pens and other things to stick inside!

Great work x x x

January 7, 2018 / 5:04 PM

Washi tape is my go to for making it look pretty!

24. January 6, 2018 / 12:27 PM

This is such a pretty journal and it’s so satisfying seeing organisational things like this! I don’t have a bullet journal – I don’t think it’d work for me to be honest but I have plenty of notebooks and my organisational techniques seem to be doing okay for the time being! I also love the start of a new year – I’ve been SO productive and we’re only 6 days in!

January 7, 2018 / 5:04 PM

Yeah it’s not for everyone but at least you have a system that works for you! ❤️

25. January 6, 2018 / 6:47 PM

You’ve done such a fab job with your joyrnal. Neat and pretty and organized. I just stick to my weekly planner and list the tasks on the left and daily achievements on the calendar side.
    First week of 2018 has been adequately productive and I’m happy!

All the best with your goals. Love!

January 7, 2018 / 5:06 PM

I’m glad you’ve had a productive start to the year! 😊

26. January 7, 2018 / 10:20 AM

I have a bullet journal post going up next. I love bullet journals they are amazing! Used one all last year and was excited to start again. Your pages look so creative and colourful! I am looking forward to reading more content on your blog this year. Your blog is so pretty and I love the colours!

January 7, 2018 / 5:07 PM