Affordable blog photo props

Blogging can be an expensive hobby, but it doesn’t have to be if you’re clever about what you buy. A big thing that I’ve been focusing on recently is improving my photos. When I first started my blog I would just quickly snap a photo and “It would do”. I don’t really know why I had this attitude as I studied photography at college and I’ve always really enjoyed it. I think I was honestly just trying to write as many blog posts as quickly as I could as I hated the fact my blog had very little content when I first started.

When I look back at old posts some of the photos are really bad! I kept seeing all these pretty photos on other peoples blogs and decided I wanted to work more on my photography. The big thing I felt I was missing out on was photo props. Below is one of the first photo’s I took. It just looks too plain and boring and there isn’t enough too it. (If we’re being honest, It’s terrible haha).

Affordable blog props

I spent a fair bit of time looking through other peoples blog posts to see what type of thing they were using. Once I had a rough idea in my head of what I wanted to get I made a trip to The Range. I literally love The Range, they sell pretty much anything you could ever and want and it’s cheap. Each item I picked up cost under £2.00 which I think is such a bargain. I really don’t see the point in spending a fortune when you don’t need to.

Affordable blog prop photos

Above is a photograph of lots of bits and pieces that I picked up. From the craft section I picked up the sparkly Christmas trees that are meant for card making. These are great for scattering around objects in photos. As we’re right on top of Christmas I got a fair few winter/ Christmas bits. I love the furcones and the holly leaves. I also picked up some pretty pink and white petals as well as some flowers.

It’s so nice being able to add decorations into the background of photos and having items to scatter in between objects. My photo’s look so much prettier and have a lot more details. Below is one of my up to date photos using my new props.

blog prop photos

If you’re looking for ways to improve your photo’s I’d definitely recommend investing in some props to use. The Range is definitely a great place to go and I’d also recommend any local craft shops. If anyone has any other suggestions on where to buy photo props please leave them below!

1. WhatLydDid
    December 8, 2017 / 9:56 AM

I love The Works for bits like this, too! I’ve seen lots of unusual bits in The Range like tiny buckets and mini bunting, they really do offer loads of great blogging bits x

WhatLydDid com

December 10, 2017 / 8:33 PM

I hadn’t thought of The Works! I’m definitely going to give that a try! Xx

2. December 8, 2017 / 6:57 PM

I’ve seen a lot of people with sheets of scrapbook paper like your flamingo one and that is SUCH a good idea! I need to get into taking more pictures for my blog so this post was super helpful!

December 10, 2017 / 8:33 PM

I always get my packs of paper from The Range! They do all various packs with super cute designs xx

3. Sara Wood
    December 9, 2017 / 5:31 PM

This post was so helpful! I never know what props to buy but I’ll definitely add some of your suggestions to my lists.

December 10, 2017 / 8:34 PM

Thank you! I’m glad you found it helpful 🙂

4. December 9, 2017 / 11:08 PM

I’m definitely checking this store, it sounds amazing!! I never knew it even existed ahah

December 10, 2017 / 8:34 PM

I love it haha! 😍

5. December 10, 2017 / 2:16 PM

we have The Range near me and i absolutely LOVE it too, so many things in there! i swear i;d try and camp out in there if i could…haha

using wrapping paper as a background is a great shout – you can pick up sheets for like 90p in paperchase too!

katie. xx lacoconoire.com ♥

December 10, 2017 / 8:35 PM

I’m literally there all the time I love it so much haha! Wrapping paper is a good idea, I hadn’t thought of that!

6. December 11, 2017 / 4:47 PM

I never thought of the Range for blogging props! Great idea Charlotte! 💕 I like The Works as it’s cheap and you can pick up lots of cute craft things there ☺️. Also Amazon for bits and bobs which is quick and easy 😘 xx

December 11, 2017 / 8:56 PM

Amazon is a good idea! I never thought of that one! Thank you 💕

7. December 18, 2017 / 8:40 PM

Fab post and so helpful, especially for new bloggers too! I’ve managed to get some bargain bits from Wilko too and free wallpaper samples from various places xx.