Starting a bullet journal

I know I’m late to the party, but I’ve bought myself a bullet journal! I keep seeing them everywhere and decided it would fit in perfectly with my oh-so organised life.

Notepads and lists have always been my go-to thing – So when I found out what a bullet journal was I got totally excited and bought one! I went for the Leuchtturm 1917 and also bought some coloured fine line pens to go with it.

My plan for my bullet journal

2018 is creeping up on us really quickly. I’ve decided to prep my bullet journal to start using in 2018. I know everyone says that you can start using one at any time of the year, but I’d much rather start it in January. The bonus with this is that I can prep different page spread ideas now and it’ll be ready to go in January.

I’ve read lots of peoples blog posts on bullet journal page spread ideas. If you have a blog post about one please leave the link below as I’d love to read it! I’ve also watched various Youtube videos and I’ve looked on Pinterest at different ideas. The great thing about a bullet journal is that you can make it work for you.

My Page ideas

I’m only just starting out, so I’ve not got tonnes of pages yet but I thought I’d share what I have so far!

• I’ve started out with a yearly overview calendar. I’ve highlighted peoples birthdays and I’ve also circled bank holidays. Opposite this page, I have my ‘birthdays’ spread where I’ve written who’s birthday it is and what date it is. I’m rubbish at remembering birthdays, so hopefully, this should help!

Yearly overview and birthday spread in bullet journal

• My next spread is for ‘house chores’ – I’m in the process of buying a house which I should hopefully be moving into early next year. This is the perfect spread to keep me organised with boring chores. I’ve got 52 columns; one for each week of the year. I’ll then be able to mark off each week once the chores are done. The chores I’ve listed include things such as laundry, wash bedding & towels, hoover, dust, clean the kitchen & bathroom etc.

• My last spread that I’m going to share today is ‘my saving goals’ – I saw this post on Pinterest and loved it and decided I would use it for my bullet journal. I’m currently really good at saving money each month; once the house has gone through I know it’ll be more difficult to save. This will be the perfect way to keep track of my savings each month and know where I’m at. (The reason for the random fold is because I need an extra half page for my 52 weeks for my house chores haha)

I really enjoyed making this post and would certainly like to do more posts based on my bullet journal page spread ideas! If you have any ideas please leave them below 🙂

**This post may contain affiliate links**

1. October 27, 2017 / 10:44 AM

I have also recently started one so reading what you have done in yours has given me some great ideas, they all look great!

November 2, 2017 / 11:33 PM

Thank you! 💕

November 2, 2017 / 11:33 PM

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks starting in January is a good idea! 😊

2. November 2, 2017 / 8:17 PM

This looks awesome! I hope it’ll work for you. I bought a planner today, cause I find them easier to go around that bullet journals.

November 2, 2017 / 11:34 PM

Thank you!
      Yeah I have always been a big fan of planners 😊

3. November 2, 2017 / 8:19 PM

I started a bullet journal but then kinda gave up because I lack creativity and time to make everything pretty. Yours looks amazing though, and good luck with the saving!
    Lily | Covet Luxe

November 2, 2017 / 11:36 PM

Thank you!! I’ve always been very creative so I get a lot of enjoyment out of it!
      Although that being said you don’t really need to be particularly creative, you can always get inspiration from others 😊

4. November 2, 2017 / 8:28 PM

I would love to start a bullet journal, but I’m such a perfectionist, I would be constantly worried about how it looks! I love how original your ideas are, and that little illustration of the money jar is so cute! Best of luck with the journal my lovely x

Rachel | kyvbey.blogspot.com

November 2, 2017 / 11:37 PM

Haha I was having that problem too when I started that I like everything to be perfect! It’s definitely been hard trying to adjust to the fact that it is a little messy in places! 😂

5. November 2, 2017 / 8:30 PM

I bought two plain journals at the start of this year to begin a bullet journal and they’re both still in their cellophane, oops! I do love the idea of a bullet journal and you’re making me want to get my journal out and make a start.

Mel

November 2, 2017 / 11:37 PM

You should definitely give it a go! I’ve loved doing mine 😊

6. November 2, 2017 / 8:52 PM

I want a bullet journal for so long now, I have to get one! I love your ideas and it looks so pretty. Would love to see more of the pages if you decide to post them xx

November 2, 2017 / 11:38 PM

I wanted one for ages and finally got one! 😊 I’m definitely thinking of doing a blog series on bullet journal ideas!

7. November 2, 2017 / 9:35 PM

I really want to start a bullet journal, I really like the way yours is formatted!

November 2, 2017 / 11:39 PM

Thank you! They’re really fun to do 😊

8. November 2, 2017 / 9:36 PM

Your saving jar is so cute. Not into bullet journaling yet but it looks great. You can be creative and at the same time get things done and keep a track.
    Love how you’ve done yours!

November 2, 2017 / 11:40 PM

That’s what I love about it, I’m being organised but doing it in a creative way! 😊