INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST

Starting a bullet journal

October 27, 2017

I know I’m late to the party, but I’ve bought myself a bullet journal! I keep seeing them everywhere and decided it would fit in perfectly with my oh-so organised life.

Notepads and lists have always been my go-to thing – So when I found out what a bullet journal was I got totally excited and bought one! I went for the Leuchtturm 1917 and also bought some coloured fine line pens to go with it.

My plan for my bullet journal

2018 is creeping up on us really quickly. I’ve decided to prep my bullet journal to start using in 2018. I know everyone says that you can start using one at any time of the year, but I’d much rather start it in January. The bonus with this is that I can prep different page spread ideas now and it’ll be ready to go in January.

I’ve read lots of peoples blog posts on bullet journal page spread ideas. If you have a blog post about one please leave the link below as I’d love to read it! I’ve also watched various Youtube videos and I’ve looked on Pinterest at different ideas. The great thing about a bullet journal is that you can make it work for you.

My Page ideas

I’m only just starting out, so I’ve not got tonnes of pages yet but I thought I’d share what I have so far!

Yearly overview and birthday spread in bullet journal

I really enjoyed making this post and would certainly like to do more posts based on my bullet journal page spread ideas! If you have any ideas please leave them below 🙂

**This post may contain affiliate links**

18 responses to “Starting a bullet journal”

1. I have also recently started one so reading what you have done in yours has given me some great ideas, they all look great!

2. Think this looks amazing. It makes sense to start properly in January I totally agree!

3. This looks awesome! I hope it’ll work for you. I bought a planner today, cause I find them easier to go around that bullet journals.

4. Lily says:

I started a bullet journal but then kinda gave up because I lack creativity and time to make everything pretty. Yours looks amazing though, and good luck with the saving!
    Lily | Covet Luxe

• Charlotte Shares says:

Thank you!! I’ve always been very creative so I get a lot of enjoyment out of it!
      Although that being said you don’t really need to be particularly creative, you can always get inspiration from others 😊

5. I would love to start a bullet journal, but I’m such a perfectionist, I would be constantly worried about how it looks! I love how original your ideas are, and that little illustration of the money jar is so cute! Best of luck with the journal my lovely x

Rachel | kyvbey.blogspot.com

• Charlotte Shares says:

Haha I was having that problem too when I started that I like everything to be perfect! It’s definitely been hard trying to adjust to the fact that it is a little messy in places! 😂

6. Mel says:

I bought two plain journals at the start of this year to begin a bullet journal and they’re both still in their cellophane, oops! I do love the idea of a bullet journal and you’re making me want to get my journal out and make a start.

Mel

7. Nusha says:

I want a bullet journal for so long now, I have to get one! I love your ideas and it looks so pretty. Would love to see more of the pages if you decide to post them xx

• Charlotte Shares says:

I wanted one for ages and finally got one! 😊 I’m definitely thinking of doing a blog series on bullet journal ideas!

8. Samantha says:

I really want to start a bullet journal, I really like the way yours is formatted!

9. Your saving jar is so cute. Not into bullet journaling yet but it looks great. You can be creative and at the same time get things done and keep a track.
    Love how you’ve done yours!