A week of ultimate relaxation | Nyland Lodge, Cheddar

Nyland Lodge at Strawberryfield park

Sometimes we all hit that point where we need a break. We need time to relax and unwind and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. This past week I’ve been in Cheddar, staying at the Nyland Lodge at Strawberryfield park. We booked the week away back in April just after my Nan passed away, I wanted something relaxing to look forward to… and It’s certainly been relaxing.

Nyland Lodge

Set on Strawberryfield park, Nyland Lodge is the perfect escape from everyday life. It was quiet and peaceful and it was so lovely to hear the birds chirping away in the trees. The lodge was fantastic. It had a very modern theme throughout and there was also so much natural light streaming through all of the windows. The lodge was fully equipped with everything that we could have possibly needed and more. My favourite feature was the hot tub. We used this at least twice a day and it was so relaxing.

Hot tub at Nyland Lodge

What we got up to

Honestly, we didn’t do a lot. We could have gone out and about and explored Cheddar but we chose not to. Most days consisted of waking up and eating breakfast, quickly followed by a dip in the hot tub. Sinking into hot water whilst the surrounding air was cold was honestly the most refreshing feeling ever. We took lots of board games with us and spent our days battling it out with Monopoly, Yahtzee and Dobble. We had a smart TV in our lodge which meant I could sign into my Netflix account … so as you can imagine we spent a lot of time binge-watching Netflix. We’re currently watching How to get away with murder and so far it seems really good. We took some films with us and spent our evenings snuggled up on the sofa watching these. We watched Moana, Zootropolis, Gravity and The Terminal.

Bedroom at Nyland Lodge

What we ate

We had a fully equipped kitchen so before we headed off for our week of relaxation we stopped by Tesco to do a food shop. Of course, we bought lots of snacks, but we also brought some proper food too. We cooked fish n’ chips, a roast dinner, pasta and steak and chips. Good food always makes a week of relaxation even better. I was super impressed with the kitchen. It was so modern and we had all of the cooking utensils that we needed. They also provided us with complimentary milk, tea, coffee, sugar, wine and biscuits which was such a lovely touch.

Kitchen at Nyland Lodge

I’m now back from my week of relaxation and I feel completely recharged and ready to face the autumn and winter months. In the next couple months, I’ll be signing my life away and getting a mortgage. The house we’re buying needs to be stripped back and completely renovated which I’m sure will be tiring. So it’s certainly a bonus that I can go into it feel refuelled and raring to go.

What is your favourite way to relax and escape?

Nyland Lodge pinterest photo

September 30, 2017 / 9:01 PM

The bed was very comfy!! Thank you, you too xx

September 30, 2017 / 9:02 PM

Chill time is the best! The kitchen was really cool! 🙂

1. October 1, 2017 / 12:49 AM

Oooh seems like a fantastic place when you’re looking for that solitude and peace! I love how comfy the bedroom looks. <3 It's good that you feel recharged afterwards, getaways like these are sometimes quite necessary I suppose!
    I really love your content, I'd love if we can follow each other on Bloglovin maybe? Do let me know!
    Have a lovely weekend xo

Joanne | Life in Blue Skies

October 1, 2017 / 7:30 AM

Thank you for your lovely comment! It was certainly very peaceful and relaxing! I’d love to follow you on Bloglovin – I’ll go and do it now! Xx

2. October 1, 2017 / 8:25 AM

Just reading your post made me feel relaxed! What a lovely little getaway, and it looks like you spent it in the best possible way, just relaxing and recharging. It’s great we have so many little places like this in the UK so we can choose a sanctuary away from home when we need it. Great post!

October 1, 2017 / 6:11 PM

It’s literally the nicest place I’ve ever stayed in the UK 😍

3. Elizabeth Seal
    October 1, 2017 / 8:57 PM

Ahhh this looks so dreamy, it sounds such a relaxing time! Adore your blog and photos 😀 xx

elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like! :D)

October 1, 2017 / 9:23 PM

It was lovely and relaxing! Thank you 😊 Yep bloglovin sounds good to me! Xx

4. October 2, 2017 / 8:32 PM

Gosh I absolutely love Somerset! I’ve only ever been to Cheddar when it’s Cheddar Gorge (so I’m guessing it’s in the same vicinity?!?!). What a stunning location to stay in though – and that hot tub looks so dreamy!

October 3, 2017 / 7:11 AM

Yeah Cheddar Gorge was pretty much down the road from us! It was honestly such a lovely and peaceful location xx