Simple and tasty chocolate fairy cakes
August 16, 2017
I don’t do complicated recipes. I like everything to be quick and easy with minimal ingredients. These chocolate fairy cakes are beyond simple to make and they taste A-MAZING!
So let’s get started!
Ingredients – For the cake (makes roughly 20)
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 225g Margarine
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
For the topping:
- 225g White chocolate
- 150g low fat cream cheese
- Chocolate sprinkles to decorate
Now to get baking!
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5
- Set out 20 cake cases into a baking tin.
- Cream together the caster sugar and margarine until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix after you’ve added each egg.
- Sieve in the SRF and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix again.
- Fill each cake case wth the mixture and place in the oven to cook for roughly 30 minutes. (Check the cakes are cooked properly as they may need slightly longer)
Leave the cakes to properly cool down before you decorate the top of them.
Now lets make to topping …
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl and leave to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Add the cream cheese to the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. You will end up with a relatively thick and sticky consistency.
- Spread the mixture over the top of each cake and decorate with some chocolate sprinkles.
Make sure to keep the cakes refrigerated because of the cream cheese!