I’ve recently been reading ‘Ice Cream for Breakfast’ by Laura Jane Williams – It’s bloody brilliant and I’d definitely recommend it. One chapter particularly stood out to me – Chapter 5 – All about making choices and decisions. A basic overview is that it talks about how children just say what they want and maybe adults should be more like this too. Children give straight up decisions and if they don’t like something then they let you know.
This really got me thinking about ‘What do I want?’ – but it’s all about being realistic – Obviously we would all like to win the lottery and not have to work anymore; realistically that isn’t going to happen.
So here’s my REALISTIC list of what I want:
- More sleep
- My own house – living at home with your parents at the age of 25 is seriously annoying when you’re in a committed relationship … But house prices!
- To not be the friend that has to make all the plans
- More time to see my friends
- Praise for the job I do every day at work – I work my arse off and never get any recognition
- More time in the day to do what I enjoy doing
- To be listened to when I rant (to be fair Shaun is pretty good at this)
- To make my Nan proud and keep making cards – she was my biggest supporter and now she’s gone
I’d love to hear what you guys want in the comments below 🙂
‘See ya real soon!