I’m pretty sure I only just wrote one of these sharing my goals for June, but somehow it’s July already! July is going to be a very busy month for me as I’m off on holiday. These are my goals for the month:
Watch lots of Disney movies
I’m off to Disney World on July 14th, so of course, to get me in the spirit I need to watch lots of Disney Movies. As I’m writitng this I’ve just finished watching Big Hero 6 and I absolutely loved it.
Have a pedicure
You can’t go on holiday without having your toe nails painted! I’ve booked in to the spa at Darts Farm in Exeter to have a luxury pedicure with my mum. I’ve never been to Darts Farm before for a treatment so I’m intrigued to see how it turns out.
Schedule, schedule, schedule
I’m determined to still have a couple of blog posts go up while I’m on holiday; I’m going to try and get a few scheduled in over the next couple of weeks. I also need to sort out scheduling tweets for while I’m away.
Have the most amazing holiday ever
The first six months of this year have been crap! I lost my Nan and my life seems so incomplete without her. I’ve also taken my fair share of crap on the internet from a very nasty girl who seems to strongly dislike me even though she doesn’t know me! I’m so ready to stop being an adult for 2 weeks and go and have the most amazing time ever. I’m going with my parents, brother and boyfriend and I truly plan to have the most magical time 🙂
‘See ya real soon!
I’ve recently been reading ‘Ice Cream for Breakfast’ by Laura Jane Williams – It’s bloody brilliant and I’d definitely recommend it. One chapter particularly stood out to me – Chapter 5 – All about making choices and decisions. A basic overview is that it talks about how children just say what they want and maybe adults should be more like this too. Children give straight up decisions and if they don’t like something then they let you know.
This really got me thinking about ‘What do I want?’ – but it’s all about being realistic – Obviously we would all like to win the lottery and not have to work anymore; realistically that isn’t going to happen.
So here’s my REALISTIC list of what I want:
- More sleep
- My own house – living at home with your parents at the age of 25 is seriously annoying when you’re in a committed relationship … But house prices!
- To not be the friend that has to make all the plans
- More time to see my friends
- Praise for the job I do every day at work – I work my arse off and never get any recognition
- More time in the day to do what I enjoy doing
- To be listened to when I rant (to be fair Shaun is pretty good at this)
- To make my Nan proud and keep making cards – she was my biggest supporter and now she’s gone
I’d love to hear what you guys want in the comments below 🙂
‘See ya real soon!
I think its important that we look back at the good things that happen each week; it’s so easy to get bogged down with the 9-5 work routine that you forget to enjoy the little things that have made you happy. These are 5 things that made me smile last week.
1- My cat Mickey – He’s just so cute and every time I get home from work he instantly puts a smile on my face! He’s only two, he’s very playful and he has such a personality!
2 – Ordering pizza with Shaun on Friday night and binge watching 13 Reasons Why … I think chilled out nights are so important for a happy lifestyle.
3- Baking a cake with Shaun – I love that he takes a real interest in things that I like to do. It’s so lovely to be able to share my hobbies with the person I love.
4- Getting to spend time with Grandad – My Nan only passed away a few weeks ago so spending time with my Grandad seems so valuable. Time can be cut short when you least expect it so it’s important to treasure all memories with loved ones.
5- We ordered our dollars for Florida! It seems so real now – Only 15 days to go 😀
What has made you happy recently? 🙂
‘See ya real soon!
I love cake and I love strawberries and cream in the summer – So the perfect combination is a strawberries and cream cake! It’s lovely and light and perfect for the summer months. Here’s how you can make one too:
For the sponge:
- 8oz Margarine (not butter)
- 8oz Caster sugar
- 8oz Self raising flour
- 4 Eggs
For the butter cream:
- 4oz Icing sugar
- 2oz Butter
For the fresh cream:
- 300ml Whipping cream
- 2 Teaspoons of Sugar
Plus a large punnet of strawberries for decorating.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 (190 degrees)
- Grease two 8″ round baking tins (I also put a round piece of grease proof paper in the bottom as my tins don’t push up)
- Cream together the sugar and margarine in a large bowl (I always sieve the sugar to get rid of any lumps)
- Add the eggs 1 at a time and mix together until you get a smooth mixture
- Sieve in the self raising flour and continue to mix until completely smooth
- Separate the mixture into your two baking tins making sure to evenly spread the mixture in the tin
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes (always put a knife into the cake after 30 minutes to check its properly cooked)
- Remove from the tins and leave to cool
- In a bowl mix together the butter and icing sugar to make the butter cream – WARNING – this will make a massive mess!
- Evenly spread the butter cream over one of the cakes.
- Slice the strawberries and place over the top of the butter cream.
- Put the other half of the cake on top to create a sandwich affect
- In a bowl mix together the whipping cream and 2 tea spoons of sugar (I’d recommend using an electric whisk else you’ll be there all day) – The cream will start off runny and you need to keep mixing it until its thick enough to spread over the cake without it running everywhere.
- Spread the cream over the top of the cake and add strawberries to decorate.
And hey presto you have yourself a delicious strawberries and cream cake! Make sure you keep it in the fridge as it has fresh cream on the top of it.
‘See ya real soon!
I thought it would be cool to start a series where I post a weekly roundup of what I’ve been up to the previous week. We often do lot’s of things in a week that we never share because it doesn’t really warrant a whole post or fit into a certain category … so I figured if I smush my week into one post that could work….
I worked 9-5 (like I do every week day), it was boring as usual .. but I survived the day! Monday evening was slightly more exciting though! I continued with some designs that I’ve been working on for a few weeks now … I’m thinking of maybe setting up an Etsy shop to sell my own prints but I want to have a load of stuff designed before I actually do it.
Another boring day in the office and I was feeling totally knackered when I got home so a chilled night was definitely on the cards! I drank tea and watched Netflix and it was great! I also started to read ‘Ice Cream for Breakfast’ and I have to say it’s bloody brilliant! I still have over half the book to go but I’ve already laughed out loud (literally) so many times while reading this!
Wednesday was a very special day for me as it was mine and Shaun’s 2 year anniversary! I still cant believe that it’s been 2 years already … We went for a Lovely meal at Cote, we had a window seat that overlooked the cathedral and everything about the evening was perfect.
DISNEY FASTPASS DAY!!! – We’re staying offsite so can do our reservations 30 days in advance – The fastpasses were available from 12 noon so it was a mad dash away from my desk and 12 to very quickly try and secure the passes we want for our first day … I succeeded!! – Our first day will be at Epcot and we managed to get Frozen Ever After, Spaceship Earth and The Seas with Nemo and Friends.
After what felt like the longest day ever at work; me and Shaun decided that as the sun was shining we would take a trip to the beach. We went to the fish n’ chip shop and sat on the sea front and ate our tea. It was perfect. And of course there’s ALWAYS room for ice cream … I had strawberry cheesecake flavour, it was seriously good! Dad was in charge of Fastpasses today; our second day will be at Animal Kingdom and we got fastpasses for Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris and the Na’vi River Journey.
Myself and Shaun went into town to do some serious holiday shopping, I’m pretty much prepared in terms of clothes, so it was a trip for buying toiletries and the not so exciting stuff. I’d highly recommend going to Wilkinsons; it’s much cheaper than Boots or Superdrug. Saturday evening I went to the theatre to watch The Railway Children. It was honestly amazing. As a child it was one of my favourite films; I always used to sit and watch it with my Grandma so it was incredible to watch at the theatre. I believe it’s about to tour around the country so definitely check it out if you’re into theatre!
I Hope you enjoyed this little insight into my week 🙂
‘See ya real soon!