5 tips to get organised for Christmas early

Christmas card with watercolours and embossing powder

As I write this it’s just 59 sleeps until Christmas which is crazy! I’m not sure where the year has gone but suddenly Christmas is creeping up on us. I always like to be organised for Christmas. I hate leaving things to the last minute as it gets stressful. Here are my 5 tips for getting organised quickly to make sure your Christmas is fun and enjoyable and most importantly stress-free!

Get your Christmas crafts done early

I make my own Christmas cards and I’ve been working on them since September. I know roughly how many I need to make and make sure I plan accordingly to get them all done in time. Above is one of my latest designs that I’ve made and I love how it’s turned out. It was super easy to make, I created a watercolour background and then used stamps and white embossing powder for the pictures. Simple but super cute!

Avoid the crowds and shop early

Don’t get caught up in the chaotic Christmas crowds. Start your shopping early. If you see something in October that you think would be a good present for someone then pick it up. Another great way to avoid the crowds is to shop online and this is a fab way to support small businesses.

Think about food

I’m going to my mums for Christmas lunch this year so I don’t need to worry about that. However, I have all of my family coming over on Boxing Day and I’m going to do a buffet. I’ve already written the list of what food I’m going to do and I’ve started running the freezer down so that I can fit everything in. There’s nothing worse than doing a big Christmas food shop and not being able to fit it in the fridge/ freezer.

Don’t leave time-consuming tasks until the last minute

Wrapping presents and writing cards … It can take forever! Don’t leave it all until the last minute. You could either wrap as you buy or spread it over a few weekends leading up to Christmas so that you aren’t trying to wrap everything on Christmas Eve. I often find wrapping presents quite boring so I like to spread it out and not do everything at once.

Book things early

Christmas is a busy time of year and it’s important to book thigs in early. If you want to go out with all of your friends for a Christmas meal then you need to book it now! We’ve had a Christmas meal out booked since September for December 21st as everything books up so quickly. People also get booked up over Christmas so if you want to see friends and family then plan it as early as you can to fit everything in.

Hope you all found this helpful and enjoy planning your Christmas!

1. October 28, 2018 / 9:13 AM

These are all great tips! I haven’t even started my Christmas shopping yet I feel so unorganised this year and we go to Disney for a few days in December so I really need to get myself sorted else I’ll be stressing when we come back! I love that Christmas card you’ve designed it’s so pretty! Personally I like to wrap all my presents and write cards in one go, I usually plan a day where I can put Christmas movies on in the background and spend all day wrapping everything I find it so fun!

October 28, 2018 / 9:37 AM

Hope you have fun at Disney! Putting Christmas movies on in the background is a fab idea, I might try that this year ☺️

2. October 28, 2018 / 9:18 AM

This is so true! I’ve been planning out my presents already and I’ve brought a lot of them – I hate the pressure of christmas and the shops are always so hectic! <3

October 28, 2018 / 9:38 AM

That’s good that you’re really organised and have already bought a lot! I agree that shops at Christmas can be very stressful xx

3. October 28, 2018 / 9:31 AM

Love these tips Charlotte! I don’t tend to get stressed because i always make sure I leave myself enough time for christmas shopping!

October 28, 2018 / 9:39 AM

It’s definitely the best way to do it! Xx

4. October 28, 2018 / 9:33 AM

These are some great tips! I like being organised so I’m definitely going to try and get my Christmas shopping done early this year! Xx

Ashleigh | https://ashleighwrites.co.uk

October 28, 2018 / 9:39 AM

Me too! I’m trying to come up with ideas of what to buy people xx

5. Gemma
    October 28, 2018 / 9:56 AM

Some great tips here for Christmas! I like to think myself as organised so most of my presents are brought and just waiting to be wrapped! I think I need to now find some time to wrap them all. As you say a couple of weekends before Christmas. That’s such a good idea

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

6. October 28, 2018 / 10:10 AM

These are such great tips! I am an absolute nightmare for being organised at Christmas! I really need to start shopping earlier I am so last minute! I think online shopping will be the key for me haha. Thanks for the advice lovely x

7. October 28, 2018 / 10:44 AM

Glad Im not the only person thinking ahead! I downloaded a Christmas gift app onto my phone to write all my gifts and tick when bought and when wrapped – feel much more organised but haven’t thought about all the things you mention- must get on to it!!

8. October 28, 2018 / 11:00 AM

This is such a great post, considering I’ve already got 3 presents I still feel super unorganised! So many things I just forget. Definitely will be taking time aside to create a long to do list 💕

9. October 28, 2018 / 3:07 PM

I have never failed to always make the mistake of leaving my Christmas shopping too late. Well, not this year! I’m gonna start shopping early-mid November. Great tips!

Caroline | http://caroomakeupblog.com

10. October 28, 2018 / 5:03 PM

Really great tips! I live in Birmingham and the city centre is absolutely manic already – especially at weekends. But I’ve been popping in on weekdays to get some Christmas presents because I know next month and especially December it’s going to be absolute chaos and I can’t deal with that stress! But also doing online shopping and supporting small businesses is a great idea. Fab post <3

Chloe x

11. October 28, 2018 / 5:27 PM

These are great tips Charlotte! I’m loving your Christmas card, it is so pretty and creative. I’d love to make my own cards again this year, so know I need to get thinking about it soon. I don’t like wrapping presents either so spreading it out over a few weekends is a great idea. Thanks for sharing your fab suggestions, this post has made me even more excited for Christmas! <3 xx