Turning 26!

Turning 26

On May 14th I turned 26! I kinda feel old but at the same time, for the first time in a long time, I feel as though I have my life together! I remember when I was about 16 and I had my life mapped out… I would be married by the age of 22 and have kids by the age of 24. How wrong was I?! Haha.

I had the day off of work for my birthday and I actually spent it tile and floor shopping. What a way to spend your birthday! My life in honestly so busy at the moment and any spare moment I have is spent sorting things out for the house.

LET’S CELEBRATE

I did still spend some time celebrating my birthday though. On 12th May myself and Shaun caught the train to London for the day to see Aladdin. We arrived at lunch time and went for a meal at TGI Friday’s which was amazing and then we headed over to the theatre to watch Aladdin. I absolutely love going to the West End and Aladdin was incredible! I especially loved the bit with the magic carpet. I’m sure you’re all well aware of my love for Disney, so this was the perfect way to spend my birthday!

Aladdin at the West End

WHAT GIFTS I RECEIVED

I always love being nosey and hearing what other people received for their birthday so I thought I would add this to the post. My main present this year was a new camera. I wanted a camera that’s smaller than my DSLR but still takes great quality pictures. I opted for the Canon EOS M10 and I LOVE it. It’s the perfect size to carry around and I’m really pleased with the quality of the images. I also received some money which I’ll be spending on the house and a voucher to a local spa which I can’t wait to use. Of course, I also got The Greatest Showman on DVD as it’s basically the best film ever 😀

PLANS FOR 26-YEAR-OLD ME

I’m really excited for the next year and it really feels like I’m starting a new chapter of my life. I’ve just started a new job which I’m really enjoying and I’m about to move into my first home with Shaun. There are so many exciting things happening at the moment. I’m jetting off to Majorca on 30th June for a week of relaxation and then I’m excited about the little things like my first Christmas with Shaun in our own home! Also, let’s not forget that I also have a trip to Disney World booked for next year and I’m SO EXCITED for it.

Thank you to everyone that wished me a happy birthday and a big thank you to Shaun, my friends and my family for making my birthday a good one!

1. May 26, 2018 / 7:47 AM

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely time and have so much to look forward too!

Issy | MissIsGoode

2. May 26, 2018 / 6:44 PM

Aww sounds like you had such a lovely birthday! 💖 Aladdin is one of my fave Disney films, I’d love to see it at the West End. You got awesome presents too, amazing camera, the spa day sounds wonderful and The Greatest Showman is brilliant 😃. Yay for having a holiday to look forward to. Great post Charlotte! 😘 xx

3. May 27, 2018 / 8:55 AM

Sounds like you had an awesome time, belated happy birthday!

4. May 27, 2018 / 8:58 AM

So exciting that you got a camera, such a lovely post! I love birthday celebrations xx

5. May 27, 2018 / 9:42 AM

Happy Belated Birthday! I’m so glad you had a good time, and I would love to go to see a musical in London one day!
    Ooh I have the Canon EOS M3 and I absolutely LOVE it, you’re going to have so much fun with yours! I cannot recommend Canon enough. Can’t wait to hear about your trip to the local spa!

6. May 27, 2018 / 12:07 PM

Happy belated Birthday! I’ve wanted to see Aladdin since it came out at the theatre so I hope I get to go soon I’ve heard great things about it! I’ve never been to a spa but it always sounds like a great way to relax so enjoy your day there! Hope you enjoy your holiday too, we went to Majorca for the first time last year and it was really beautiful!

7. May 27, 2018 / 4:08 PM

Happy birthday, sounds like you had a great day! (I like that you included the gifts you received because I’m definitely one of those nosy people who likes finding out what gifts others receive haha. The camera sounds awesome btw!)

8. May 28, 2018 / 12:05 AM

Happy birthday. You’re almost halfway to my age. You have lots of time to fulfill your dreams and goals.