When there’s finally light at the end of the tunnel

Light at the end of the tunnel

I feel like my life has been a big spiral of craziness recently… and I finally feel like there’s light at the end of the tunnel and it’s honestly the best feeling in the world.

I just want you to all know that if you’re struggling and things seem hard they WILL get better. It might seem like you’re stuck in a black hole and you’re never going to get out of it but you will.ย

For the past 12-18 months, I’ve been struggling so much! I’ve been suffering horrendously with anxiety and my mental health has been all over the place. I’ve mentioned before that my job was making me really anxious and miserable but now I finally have a new job which you can read about here. Since finding out I’ve secured myself a job in a less stressful department I’ve felt like a different person. I can feel the old Charlotte coming back and it’s such a good feeling.

The number of times that I’ve sat with Shaun with tears streaming down my face and I’ve said ‘I feel like this is all my life is now and I’m never going to be happy again’.

He kept telling me I was being silly and things would eventually get better, but I felt so trapped in my black hole that I couldn’t see it for myself….ย and being stuck in that place is such an awful feeling.

What I’m looking forward toย

It’s weird that I’ve gone from feeling so unhappy and upset to being on top of the world. I kind of forgot what it felt like to feel happy and content… But now I have SO much to look forward to!

• It’s my birthday in May and Me and Shaun are heading to London to watch Aladdin on the West End
  • I’m getting a new camera for my birthday which I can use for blogging and I can’t wait for it!
  • We’re still renovating our house and we’re hoping to move in during June ๐Ÿ˜€
  • I’m jetting off to Majorca on 30th June with Shaun for a week of pure relaxation
  • I’M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN 2019!!! A lot of you probably know the free Disney Dining plan has been released for 2019. Me and Shaun very spontaneously decided we’re going to go May next year for my birthday ๐Ÿ˜€ We’ve booked to stay in Port Orleans Riverside and it’s going to be such a magical trip.

I guess the point of this post really is to let you all know that things will eventually get better even if you don’t think they will. Remember you are never alone, there are always people that will listen and help.

1. April 27, 2018 / 7:14 PM

So sorry to hear you have been struggling with your anxiety and mental health, it’s great that you have so many great things to look forward to though!

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

2. April 27, 2018 / 7:39 PM

I’m sorry you’ve been struggling. I can relate, I to have been struggling lately and have decided to go back on meds again. I think it’s great you have a list of things to look forward to, I do the same. I always say to hubby that we need to plan things to do. So I have something to look forward To. Great post xx

3. Rachel
    April 27, 2018 / 7:47 PM

Struggling with anxiety is hard, but hopefully youโ€™ll get passed this. I know I did. Jealous of all the holidays you have planned

4. April 27, 2018 / 8:01 PM

This is such a positive post Charlotte ๐Ÿ’–. Iโ€™m so glad things are better for you and you have tons of exciting things to look forward too! Iโ€™d love to see Aladdin at the West End, it was always one of my favourite Disney films. A holiday in Majorca is so exciting and Disney in 2019, wow! ๐Ÿ˜ Great post and hope you have a lovely birthday ๐Ÿ’• xx

5. April 27, 2018 / 8:51 PM

Really sorry to hear you’ve been struggling lately. I think it’s so important to -no matter how bad you’re feeling- to look ahead and try to see past the space you’re in. Glad you have a good list of things to look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚

Louisa | http://www.loubeeloublogs.co.uk

6. April 27, 2018 / 9:40 PM

Yay for your birthday coming up! And I’m so jealous you’re getting a new camera – I promised to buy myself one in November or December maybe. Have you picked out which camera you’re getting?

โ˜ผ cabin twenty-four

7. April 27, 2018 / 9:54 PM

I’m so sorry that you’ve been struggling for such a long time! But it’s amazing that things are looking up for you and you have so many thins that you’re looking forward to. I hope you have an amazing birthday! x

Sophie

8. April 28, 2018 / 5:11 AM

Sending you lots of love, Charlotte! I totally agree with you, things will get better and we need to keep pushing forward towards a better future. I’m excited that you found a new job, hope it’s going to keep you happy and anxiety-free. Love all of these things you’re looking forward to! Totally jealous of your Disney World trip!

exquisitely.me

9. April 28, 2018 / 9:17 AM

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling but so happy that you’re feeling better! It’s so exciting that you’re renovating your home!

Tori | JustTheBeginning-x.com
    Latest blog post: No bake Maltesers Treats!