Let’s get ready for Spring

Surely the snow has gone?! Let’s all cross our fingers and hope it doesn’t return any time soon.

We’ve finally made it to Spring after what has felt like the longest Winter ever… I always get this feeling at this time of year that I need to make some changes, have a big clear out and sort my life out. There’s something about warmer weather that makes me feel so much more motivated.

preparing for spring time

Here’s how I like to get ready for the springtime:

Sort out my wardrobe

This is on my to-do list over the next couple of weeks. I like to get rid of all the clothes that no longer fit me or that I no longer wear. I always try to be pretty harsh on myself as well and I don’t keep things for the sake of it. Once I’ve sorted everything out I always donate the bits that are in good condition to a local charity shop.

Change up my haircare

I find over time my hair gets used to the shampoo that I’m using and it never feels like it cleans my hair so well. I’ve recently started using the Garnier Ulitmate Blends Coconut Water & Aloe Vera shampoo. OH MY GOODNESS, it smells freakin amazing! The smell honestly just reminds me of summer and holidays and it makes me so damn happy. Also, it does an amazing job of washing my hair and keeping the moisture locked in.

Exercise a little more

I bloody hate exercise. Well actually I like swimming but there was a fire at my local pool around 15 months ago and it still hasn’t re-opened!! So I had to get a gym membership instead 🙁 I’m not going to lie, I hate the gym. But I’m really trying to push myself to exercise a little more during the springtime. I have a holiday coming up in about 90 days and right now I ain’t really looking my best haha. If anyone can recommend an enjoyable exercise then please do?!

Reflect

I think that spring is the perfect time to sit and reflect and maybe make some goals going forward. I’ve been looking back over my Goals for 2018 and it’s good to see how I’m getting along. In fact, I may do an update post soon as to how my goals are going so far. By looking back and reflecting I’m then able to see what to do moving forward.

How are you preparing for Spring this year?

1. April 11, 2018 / 6:22 PM

I love spring! There’s just something about it that makes you want to have a fresh start. Spring cleaning is my favorite. Nothing like getting rid of clutter!

xx, Richel V. | Richel Goes Places

2. April 13, 2018 / 3:09 PM

Hello there, I just found your blog and I really like it!
    And I’m so glad that spring is finally here. 🙂 I’ve had health issues the entire winter and now I’m finally better, so the spring will be all about enjoying a body that actually works, and enjoying life. I’m also trying to declutter the house and get organised with my websites.
    As for exercise, what about finding a really pretty and scenic area and go for fast walks or jogs there? Walking isn’t really exercise (unless you go really fast, do intervals, etc) but at least you get moving!
    And bring a camera for the pretty spots.

3. Florence Larwood
    April 15, 2018 / 8:03 AM

I have definitely been trying to exercise more (at least once a day – only 10 minute workouts but it’s something). Already I can feel a difference in my mood and hopefully a difference in my body in the long run!

4. April 15, 2018 / 9:10 AM

YAS I find clearing out my wardrobe so refreshing (and I’m definitly being lazy on the exercise front but hopefully I can get some done soon!) great post ☺️ makes me very excited for Spring 😄

5. April 15, 2018 / 9:20 AM

I definitely need to have a good wardrobe clear out too, it always makes me feel better afterwards! Also I’m totally with you on exercise, I feel like I need to get back into it after my holiday of eating too much pizza and ice cream 🙈. Great post Charlotte and all the best with your Spring goals 💖 xx

6. April 15, 2018 / 9:57 AM

Such a simple but necessary list, thanks for sharing this! I need to get on and do some of these I think… Might try and tackle the wardrobe today! Wonderful post Charlotte! xx
    Alys

7. April 15, 2018 / 10:26 AM

I love sorting through my wardrobe and putting away my winter clothes (hopefully for good!!) The Garnier shampoo sounds amazing – I love anything with coconut in, perfect for spring 🙂

Sophie x

8. April 15, 2018 / 10:31 AM

I started clearing out my drawers at uni ready to move 220 miles back home in June, this weekend, and thats made me realise how many clothes I have and need to sort out.

great post! best of luck with your spring goals

9. April 15, 2018 / 10:44 AM

Spring time! I love it too.
    My mood is always so much better.
    You got a good list. I’ve started decluttering . Getting rid of stuff I don’t use anymore.
    As for exercise: you know what? I really enjoy taking walks. I see so much more of my surroundings when I do. It’s low key and doable.
    In the gym I follow a Zumba class weekly. Its with a really fun group of people. and the instructor is amazing! I dislike the machines, classes motivate me a lot more.

10. April 15, 2018 / 11:17 AM

Great post! I need to change my wardrobe around too, thank you for the reminder.

Ingrid | thatscandinavianfeeling.com

11. April 15, 2018 / 12:11 PM

This was a lovely post! I absolutely love it when it gets warmer and I can start changing what’s in my wardrobe, don’t get me wrong I adore my big chunky knit jumpers but spring/summer clothes are so cute! I’m also trying to start exercising more again in the hopes of getting my ‘summer body’ I say this every year and it never happens but I’m really enjoying running at the minute, I used to hate it but I’m slowly getting better and when I see myself improving it makes me want to keep going! Good luck with your spring goals hun!

12. April 15, 2018 / 12:14 PM

Spring is definitely one of my favourite times of the year! I love the flowers, pastel colours and just feeling happier because the weather is so much nicer!

13. April 15, 2018 / 12:24 PM

Great post, I’m so glad spring is finally here! I need to have a really big Spring clean and sort out and really need to get back in the gym! I find exercise classes more enjoyable sometimes than just going to the gym, they can be a lot more fun and introduce you to new exercises!

14. April 15, 2018 / 12:28 PM

I live in a tropical country so we rarely experience spring. But I love the spring time when we can wear some colorful floral prints etc. not that I don’t wear otherwise. But I do enjoy the pastel shades in everything. 🙂 I totally understand the pain of exercising but I have started by giving myself some break in between. 🙂

Via | http://glossnglitters.com

15. April 15, 2018 / 3:13 PM

I loveeeee to sort out my wardrobe when spring comes, love my little short sleeve tops instead of jumpers!

16. April 15, 2018 / 8:20 PM

Ooh I never thought about changing up my haircare in Spring, definitely do before Summer though! I do love a good spring clean-out and that includes everything from clothes to beauty products to food cupboards, so good to have a refresh and the perfect time of year before it as Christmas is well and truly over and the lighter months are on their way!
    Alice Xx

17. April 15, 2018 / 8:54 PM

Lovely post! I definitely like to sort out my wardrobe and get rid of things I don’t need – I’m in the middle of doing that right now and am trying to be strict with what I keep!

18. April 15, 2018 / 9:32 PM

I love your blog, this post is great, but I’m going ahead and reading your Disney ones, as I’m a huge Disney fan too xx

19. April 16, 2018 / 4:55 AM

Love how you’re doing all of these things to be ready for the spring! Exercising is great – your body will thank you in the future! Hope you’ll find other workout routines in replacement for the meantime! Glad you’re getting some progress with your goals for the year!

exquisitely.me

20. Huda
    April 16, 2018 / 5:55 PM

Those are some great steps to get in to the season! I also love reflecting on my yearly goals and see how far I have come with them; really helps me to refocus! xx