My happy places

my happy place. the beach

I’m having a pretty bad time at the moment – Work is awful, I’m drowning in house renovations, I’m exhausted … and the list goes on. Don’t worry this post isn’t about boring you with all of my problems as I want this to be a positive post. I think it’s fair to say that we all have our ‘Happy places’ and things that make us smile when things are tough. Recently I’ve been really trying to focus on my happy places as it’s a way to escape and unwind.

I thought I would share my Happy places with you today!

My bed

I think everyone’s happy place probably consists of a bed. There’s nothing better than sinking into a cosy bed after a long day. Also, lots of blankets and pillows are always a winner!

My craft table

I have a ‘craft table’ in my bedroom that I use for all my creative things. I sit at this table to make cards, write blog posts, practice calligraphy and make anything and everything. Being creative really is ‘my happy place’. I find it relaxing and therapeutic and it gives me a lot of enjoyment.

The swimming pool

I really enjoy going swimming. I find it the perfect stress reliever, and not only that, it’s good for my health. I will happily swim up and down a pool for an hour or so. I find it really peaceful (apart from when there are screaming kids haha).

Disney World

Ok, so this one is a bit extreme and isn’t somewhere I can pop whenever I want. But Disney World is my true happy place! The sheer magic and happiness make my heart melt. The second you step foot on Disney soil everything is different. All of your problems fade away and you’re surrounded by pure joy. If I could live at Disney World I would! haha.

The seaside

I live in Devon and I’m surrounded by the gorgeous coastline. I love to go to the seaside for a walk with Shaun. We get chips and ice cream and enjoy the fresh air. I especially love to do this after work in the summer.

Where are your happy places? Let me know below!

1. Kirstee
    March 20, 2018 / 9:12 AM

A Disney Park is the true happy place!
    well and bed lol

looking forward to more house updates
    🙂 x

2. March 20, 2018 / 11:01 AM

Aww this is such a lovely post Charlotte! 💖 I love swimming too (and totally agree with you on the screaming kids part 🙉). Having a craft table sounds such a good way to escape and go to your creative space. I’m a big fan of my bed too, he he ☺️. Hope things settle down for you soon 😘 xx

3. March 23, 2018 / 8:29 PM

Ah, bed… Isn’t it the best place on earth!? My bed is definitely my favourite place too haha! I’ve only ever been to Disneyland Paris but I so DESPERATELY want to go to Disney World!! I feel like it’d take me a lifetime to save up though. These sound like great happy places and I’m so jealous that you live by the sea!

4. Soffy
    March 23, 2018 / 8:42 PM

My happy place is anywhere with my baby girl probably sounds cheesy but she always knows how to make me smile! Thanks for sharing your happy places x

Soffy // themumaffairs.blogspot.com

5. March 24, 2018 / 9:12 AM

Even just to reflect on places or areas that ground/calm you can be so healing. lovely post xx

6. March 25, 2018 / 5:42 PM

My happy place must probably be my room (since I spend most of my time in there), this old table-tennis table at an abandoned playground near my old house (Sounds super creepy but I love just laying down there and looking up at the trees and stars, I´ve spent hours doing exactly that!), or my moms bed haha